Hemp is a Super Crop! Not only is the hemp-seed really good for you, (click here to find out how) it is also great for the environment. GOOD hemp is also GM free!
Why is hemp so GOOD?
Hemp has many uses, and nothing is wasted!
- The straw is used to make Hemcrete, one of the most eco-friendly building materials available. It works as a great insulator as well as 'locking' CO2. To read about sustainable building projects using Hemcrete click here
- The fibre is supplied to BMW for the doors of 3 & 5 Series cars. The fibre reduces the weight per car by approximately 1kg,
thus enabling fuel efficiency.
- The dust cleaned from the seed is supplied to worm farms.
- Leaf matter supplies essential nutrients back to the soil as a natural fertiliser.
Every 800 bottles of GOOD OIL produces enough hemp straw to build an entire Eco-house. This amount of straw locks a net gain of 7.5t of CO2. More than annual CO2 produced by the average UK Household.
Check our GOOD Animation here, it says it all.
There are two ways of making oil: the way that mankind has done it for centuries and the modern way.
The Ancient way is to press oil from the Olive, Seed or Grain physically. Gravity is then used to filter the oil (the heavier solids gradually settle at the bottom). Pure oil is siphoned off the top, and that’s it. The taste is as close to the original raw ingredient as you can get.
The Modern way, typical in lower and medium priced Olive Oils, is to extract oil chemically and then refine the crude oil by Degumming, Bleaching and Deodorizing.
We use the Ancient method (of course!) to keep the taste and GOODness of the raw ingredient and make our GOOD Hemp Oil. So this is what we do:
- Grow Hemp without herbicides or pesticides
- Harvest the seeds with the upmost care
- Dry the seeds immediately to retain the goodness and delicious flavour
- Carefully select the best seeds
- Clean the seeds
- Cold Press the seeds to squeeze out the oil
- Use gravity to filter the oil over time
- Bottle the oil